Thursday 21 December 2017

Merry and Bright

Hi all and welcome. Today is my last post before Christmas. I wanted to stop by and wish you all a wonderful peaceful Christmas and Best Wishes for 2018. Thank you all for your wonderful support over the last twelve months. Hope you all have a wonderful creative 2018.

Today I have a seasonal post for you using Eileen Hull's ScoreBoards XL Die Book and Pages, Trinket Box and Frame.
I began by die cutting each piece from mountboard and then covering each piece with a thin layer of Texture Paste.
These are my die cut pieces assembled. I also had the oval piece from the aperture which I added to the inside of my shadow box element.
Once the Texture Paste was dry I then painted all my die cut elements with Antique Linen Distress Paint and whilst the paint was still wet I added touches of Vintage Photo Distress Paint, dried the paint a little and then rubbed some of the paint away with a damp baby wipe. The inside of my shadow box element I added a Tim Holtz Trohpy Antlers piece along with some foliage die cut using Tim's Festive Greens.
This picture showcases the wonderful dimension from the die cut pieces. I love this die.
I added a quote chip to the inside of my shadow box and added some highlights of red with red paint added to the berries on my Festive Greens and some red cotton thread.
The stags head was painted with gold paint and I added a few highlights with Prima Wax. I also included lots of sparkle with Distress Dry Glitter.
My flower has been die cut using Eileen's Stitchy Flower and Leaf die. I painted the flower with red paint and added touches of gold around the edges of the petals.
I blended Ground Espresso Distress Ink around all the edges and added more Festive Greens foliage behind my flower.

Thanks so much for stopping by.

Tracy

xxxx

17 comments:

Marci said...

I love the stucco effect you achieved and the flower is gorgeous.

R's Rue said...

Great.

Unknown said...

Unique and Lovely. Your texture is super and the glitter is fun! Love the center of your flower too!!! Tracy - thank you so much for being such a great encourager to me this year. Sending you HUGE wishes for a BLESSED and MERRY CHRISTMAS. XXj.

Lisa H said...

Tracy, this is such a wonderful use of the Trinket Box!

eileen hull said...

Wow Tracy- I love the look of the paste on the outside- so aged and cool looking. And the deer head is perfect!

Dorthe said...

This is amazing Trace- beautifully framed is the reindeer , in all the wonderful glitter and the amazing texture .
Merry Christmas , and a Happy New year to you, if time runs , from me :-)
Thank you for this year friend.
Hugs, Dorthe

Katie said...

This is gorgeous

Sue said...

This is gorgeous Tracy, and I love the dies you have used. Have a very merry Christmas, and a wonderful 2018. Sue xx

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

A beautiful way to display the magic Christmas gives and all wrapped magnificently with delicious texture. Love the addition of the bell to the centre of the flower, so clever in that finer detail. Wishing you and the family a wonderful Christmas Tracy.
Warm hugs and wishes Tracey xx

Kate Yetter said...

Every detail is simply beautiful! I am loving the flower, foliage and of course that stag. You have used these dies beautifully.
Merry Christmas!
Kate

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

Just love this!!! The deer and all the greenery and flower inside the box are perfect!!! Merry Christmas!!!

Redanne said...

A truly stunning creation Tracy, the texture on the outside is wonderful and the flower is gorgeous!! Wishing you a lovely Christmas my friend! Big hugs, Anne xxx

Julia Aston said...

This is so beautiful with the stone look finish on the outside and all the golden touches Tracy! Have a Merry Christmas! Julia xx

Annie said...

absolutely fabulous make Tracy xx Love the details both inside and out...have to start saving my pennies once more


Best wishes
Annie xx

Words and Pictures said...

That's fabulous, Tracy - I just love the textured exterior and wonderful red berry accents on the die-cuts. The stag looks magnificent in faded gold! Hope you're enjoying some rest and fun over the Christmas period, and wishing you a wonderful 2018!
Alison x

brenda said...

Just popping in to wish you a Happy, Healthy and Crafty New Year and thank you for your friendship and encouragement. Looking forward to seeing more of your inspiration on Hochanda.

B x

A Pink said...

A lovely piece of Seasonal decor , Tracy . Love all those pops of red .
hugs x